Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Gift

This post has been due for over two months now. I should have immediately posted this, but like they say, better late than never right? So here goes:
My birthday is in March, the 23rd. I'm not really that much into celebrating my birthday but this year was particularly without much frills. I did go out with my family for dinner & it was definitely great. & That was that. Honestly wasn't even expecting that much so it was pleasant...
A week passed after that; & one fine afternoon as I was blissfully admiring the gorgeous summer afternoon, sitting by the bay window in my room, I heard the door bell ring. Now, I'm not somebody who would attend the door ever, not until I'm the only one at home...or until I'm expecting a parcel. As none of the conditions applied, I as usual ignored the bell completely. But after a few minutes I heard a mild knock on my room door. 'There is a parcel for you' ~ I was informed as I went out to find out what & I was very surprised to put it mildly.
So I was greeted by this parcel which looked nothing like the standard parcels that I'm used to receiving. Instead, it was this beautiful shimmery green art silk package; which I instantly fell in love with. One look at the neatly written address in curvy letters & I knew who it was from. 'Tan sent me a b'day present ?!' But the surprise doesn't subside even after I open it & finally take a look inside. I mean, I was expecting something very pretty but this?! This is a part of her new collection spring/summer 2014, which she is currently showcasing in all the multi-designer stores her label retails from! & damn it looks fab.

Imagine my delight when I get to behold this! I was so touched. It meant a lot more than just a gift...
It's a delicate tulle saree with beautiful ari border on coral hand dyed raw silk. The pattern of the border is hand developed by her & is done with beautiful antique gold & silver sequins. A lovely coral & peach ombre dyed saree with antique gold sequins sprinkled all over, it comes with an elaborately hand embroidered 'princess cut' blouse in matching coral hand dyed raw silk, & the embroidery is done with antique gold zari & off white thread. The lovely 'parsy paisly' motif again is hand developed by her. & check out the latkans! Arn't they too pretty? they have tiny moti zardosi flowers on them. I am saving it for a special occasion (& will include a photo of me wearing it, when I have one, here). The link & informaion of her label is below. I'm sure you guys would like to check out her work. :)
Label : TANUSREE
Designer : Tanusree Sarkar
Designer Info : Based in New Delhi, started her label 'TANSREE' in 2012 & now retails form multi-designer stores-Mogra & Fuel in Mumbai & Vaidehi in Delhi.
U.S.P: Beautiful hand developed embroidery motifs & elaborately done outfits in beautiful colors & pure fabrics. Also has some pretty dresses & light tunics.
Facebook Page Link : https://www.facebook.com/pages/TANUSREE/360056734026676 (copy paste the link on the address bar).

This was a very special post & I really hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing about it. Please do let me know what you thought of this post. I do need feedback. It would be nice to hear from you guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment