Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Review: Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara & Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

A mascara alone can enhance your eyes & make you look pretty. I've been a mascara fan forever. So I'm going to talk about two mascaras today. These are the only two am currently using. Maybelline mascaras has been a constant favorite with me right from the beginning of my makeup history.When you compare the two very important aspects together - affordability & quality, Maybelline Mascaras win hands down.


Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara (Black Regular-washable)
MRP : Rs.425 (I got it for Rs.340 from Naykaa)
Quantity : 7.5 ml
This is my most favorite mascara at present. I love the beautiful fushia-purple tube (all Maybelline mascara tubes are really attractive). Neither too thick nor too narrow, the wand does have a slight bend/curve & they are calling it "spoon brush" As I used it for the first time, I was really impressed with it. The joint at the neck, gives the wand flexibility. It works perfectly & makes application effortless, as I tried to coat each & every lash. It really has that falsies effect on my lashes. The lashes look much fuller & longer. Quite dramatic & this one doesn't clump the lashes at all! They look beautifully long perfectly coated with pure black mascara. It curls the lashes pretty well too. Curling the lashes before with a lash curler is not necessary (but it never hurts to use one for maximum impact). This mascara is contact lens safe. I got the washable variant, 'cause anyone who uses the "waterproof" variant knows what a great pain in the...neck (quite literally) it is to take it off. 

































Maybelline The Hypercurl Volme Express Mascara (Black Waterproof)
MRP : Rs.250 (I got it for Rs.200 from a makeup store)
Quantity : 9.2 ml
This one too, is a good mascara, especially if you consider the price. This must be the cheapest good quality mascara in India. The tube is black with silver cap (for waterproof variant & black cap for the washable variant). Now this wand is thick, but this one too has a slight curve/ bend to it. The wand is pretty good & does the work well, though it might be a little difficult for some, to reach the inner corner lashes. But I didn't face any major problem while using it. This mascara is subtle, gives pretty natural looking lashes. It gives fuller longer looking lashes to some extent. Doesn't make your lashes look too full or too long (in comparison). Women who are not very fond of exaggeration, would prefer this one. This one is clump free too but after using both I feel, that with this you need to  be a little careful while applying it especially after the first coat. This I got the waterproof variant, 'cause, pain in the neck or not, I do need a good waterproof mascara. Never know when I'll need one! & waterproof it is! I splashed water on my face several times, even took a shower wearing it & it was still intact. It doesn't come off until you take it off. All you need to do is gently coat your lashes with baby oil or olive oil, & take it off using a tissue or wet wipes. 



Over all : Both are super good mascaras & very affordable .Try the Falsies Mascara if you like dramatic lashes. Try the Hypercurl Mascara if you like subtle natural looking lashes. 

So that's it. Hope this was useful. Looking forward to hear from you guys.Feed backs are always welcome. Thanks for reading. 

4 comments: