Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review: Lakme Absolute Shine Line & Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner

A liquid black eyeliner is another essential in everybody's makeup box. It make your eyes look bright & prominent in no time at all. It's like a quick fix. So today I thought to review the two liquid black eyeliners I'm currently using. They are: Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner & Lakme Absolute Shine Line.


Lakme Abosolute Shine Line is the one I bought recently. I have always loved Lakme's liquid black eyeliners, simply because they are always the blackest & very reasonably priced too. Insta-Liner is still the cheapest good quality black eyeliner available in India. Love it, in fact this is the first time I haven't repurchased it. Then I also used, nine to five Intense Shine Eyeliner & that's a favorite too but I think it's not available anymore, 'cause I didn't get it. So, then, I decided to get this eyeliner. I was sure it would be good & it is. It's a good liner, fast drying, uniform consistency, glides smoothly on the skin. Stays put, doesn't fade or anything. Doesn't irritate the eyes. The brush is good too. Not too thin, not too thick, easy to hold & apply liner with. This is not a water resistant eyeliner, which is also fine. My only issue is, the color of the liner is not true black. It's like a very dark grey, almost black. Not a bad thing or a problem, just that I would have loved it if it was pure black. If you don't like your eyes too prominent & dramatic, you'd like this.
MRP : Rs.325 (I got it for Rs.243 from Naykaa)
Qantity: 4.5 ml


Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner is the one I've been using for a month or so now. I haven't used liquid black liner from Maybelline before, (plus this one is suppose to be hyper glossy! who could resist that?) so decided to try this one. Plus I love Maybelline products, so was pretty sure it would be good. Well, after using this, I'm not too impressed with it...yes, it is super glossy. Even after it is completely dry on your eyelids, it looks wet (Like you have applied black nail polish) & I love that it looks so dramatic. This one too is fast drying, very rich color, this one is pure black, super smooth, glides on the skin. It's smudge proof & long staying. The brush is super good too. Perfectly shaped, not too thin not too thick. Easy to hold & apply. But the issue with this is, & it's a major one, the liner has a tendency to crack & it slightly pulls on the skin. (I think that happens 'cause the liner contracts a little when it dries) As a result it doesn't feel comfortable wearing it. So, the formula is not good enough. This one is waterproof, which is a good thing but not so good when you are trying to take it off. Yes, even after applying oil, it doesn't come off very easily. That was another issue for me.
MRP : Rs.225
Quantity : 2.5 ml



Over all : The Lakme eyeliner is pretty good, pretty decently priced & good as an everyday liner especially since it's not black it doesn't look very dramatic, it's toned down & easy to take off. On the other hand the Maybelline eyeliner is pretty dramatic, not ideal for everyday wear especially because it's difficult to take off. Try it if you are looking for a bold effect.
So, that was it. Hope I covered everything. Do leave a message & let me know what you think of my posts. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment