Monday, June 16, 2014

Review: Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Compact ~ Shade 06 Almond Honey

Price: Rs.1000 (I bought it for Rs.750 from Naykaa)
Quantity: 11 gm

 This Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Compact is the most expensive compact or pressed powder from Lakme. To be honest, I would have never bought it without the discount, if I had to pay the full amount. Reasons for that - since Lakme has limited shades, (as I explained in my previous post here) & I never get a perfect match, I'd rather buy from some other brand which either has my shade or is more affordable. But now that I finally got it I'm happy with it. I'll never buy it again though, not for 1000 bucks...I would have if they had a perfect match for me.



Description : Check the picture provided.
The compact powder case is pretty sleek, well finished & feels good in the hand. What I love most is the mirror, good quality & huge. Super helpful when you are carrying it around & need a quick touch up on the go. The puff is good quality but wafer thin & small, which I'd say is handy for touch ups. I like it. I always use a powder brush to apply powder & that works fine for me.
The powder itself is super fine. It blends flawlessly. Applied on the skin it felt smooth,very light & very natural as if I was wearing nothing. Coverage is light. If you are like me, who prefers to use a light coverage powder for every day use, you would love this. It works well as a setting power over foundation too. It's great for women with oily skin. Really helps to keep the skin fresh, matte & oil free for a long time. This is almost fragrance free. Just a hint of floral, which is not noticeable at all. I have no complaint with the powder or the quality of the product. It's actually good.

Range of Shades: There are 6 shades. Mercifully this Lakme product seems to have it's shades in order! Though as usual, the shades are neither pigmented, nor very deep. Even the darkest shade is not dark enough! Only meant for women who are light to medium toned. Even this powder falls short at the range of shades.
01 Ivory Fair
02 Rose Fair
03 Golden Medium
04 Golden Light
05 Beige Honey
06 Almond Honey


My Shade: I got the shade 06 Almond Honey (I am NC 43.5 in MAC Studio Fix), the darkest color & still it's not a good match for me. Don't know why their base makeup products look so orange. Beside my hand this looks too bright. So I was dreading applying this on my face, since my face is even darker than my hands. But thankfully it's not looking too white on my face. Like it's still light, but not dusted-flour-on-my-face light. Just whitens my face a bit, not in a bad way. I can 'make do' with it. I wouldn't have bought this shade if I had another option though.

Over all: Good quality product, too pricey, unimpressive range of shades. Suitable only for light to medium complexion .Try this if you have oily skin & looking for a light coverage everyday pressed powder.

So, that's it. I hope you guys found it good. Please do comment & let me know. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here . ฉีดโบท๊อก

    ReplyDelete